What is your favorite meal of the week? I don’t know about you, but I adore brunch! Country Style Chicken Sausage Toad in a Hole is a fun twist on a British classic.
Skip your regular eggs and sausage and give your brunch an upgrade. Every bite of this beautiful dish is an explosion of savory flavors. You will wow your friends and family and have them convinced you spent hours in the kitchen when in fact this dish is as easy as it’s delicious.
Layers of Flavor
With just a handful of ingredients, Country Style Chicken Sausage Toad in a Hole is packed with layers of flavor. The aromatic scent will have your family flocking to the kitchen asking when brunch is served.
Toad in a hole is a traditional British dish similar to Yorkshire pudding, but with the addition of sausage or other meats. The heart of this scrumptious dish starts with al fresco country style chicken sausage. This protein rich sausage is free of artificial ingredients. Infused with the flavors of sage and thyme, it makes this dish a star.
I love packing my fridge with al fresco sausage. The fully cooked sausages make creating meals easy. My family loves them whether their simply cooked or added to a dish such as this. With minimally processed ingredients, I always feel good about serving them.
Joining the flavorful country style chicken sausages are sweet Campari tomatoes and beautiful aromatic red onions. Their flavors intensify and deepen as they roast. As the batter cooks, it absorbs all of the juices and wraps the sausages and vegetables in a pillowy hug.
Easy Country Style Chicken Sausage Toad in a Hole
With a few simple steps you will be serving up your new favorite brunch dish. This is also a great breakfast for dinner, or fun lunch dish.
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- Arrange your sausages, onions, and Campari tomatoes in a baking dish and drizzle with olive oil.
- Roast them for 10 minutes.
- While the sausages and vegetables are roasting prepare your batter.
- Whisk the eggs. Slowly add the flour while whisking. Keep whisking as you pour in the milk, and then season with salt and pepper.
- Pour the hot batter over the top of the roasted sausages and vegetables.
- Allow it to bake for 30 minutes until golden and puffy.
- Garnish with fresh basil!
Are you looking for more fun recipes with al fresco sausage? Make sure you check out my recipe for Sausage and Gnocchi Sheet Pan Dinner.
Country Style Chicken Sausage Toad in a Hole
- 1 baking dish
- 1 bowl
- 1 whisk
- 7.5 oz al fresco Country Style Chicken Sausage
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 4-6 Campari tomatoes or cherry tomatoes
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place the sausages, onions, and tomatoes in the baking dish and drizzle with olive oil.
- Roast for 10 minutes.
- While the sausages and vegetables are roasting make the batter.
- Whisk the eggs. Slowly add in the flour while whisking.
- Whisk in the milk and the seasonings.
- Pour the batter into the pan. Bake for 30 minutes until it's golden and puffy.
- Bon appetite!