Crispy, crunchy, tangy, and a little sweet. If you're looking for the perfect afternoon pick me up snack or something to top off your morning yogurt, this easy Cranberry Bliss Granola is the answer.
Whether cranberries take a walk on the savory side in Festive Brussels Sprouts and Green Bean Salad or are the star of a dessert such as Eggnog Ruffle Cranberry Pie, the cheery superfruit always brings a pop of bold flavor. This crave worthy granola is a healthy and delicious take on the Starbuck's favorite cranberry bliss bars.
There's no need to drive through your local coffee shop when the craving hits for the ultimate mashup of sweet and creamy white chocolate and bright and tangy cranberries. Cranberry Bliss Granola combines pantry staples you probably already have on hand. The best part, this is a great way to utilize some of the ingredients you might have extras of from baking.
- Rolled Oats - This is the base for the granola. They become slightly nutty as they bake in the oven and give a slight chew.
- Pecans - Buttery and crunchy, they bring flavor and texture to every bite.
- Almond Flakes - Delicate in flavor and texture, they give a natural sweetness and light crunch.
- Cinnamon - Warm and aromatic, cinnamon perfumes the entire tray of granola as it bakes.
- Maple Syrup - Enhances the natural sweetness of this cranberry granola without overpowering any of the flavors and making it too sweet.
- Coconut Oil - Helps roast the granola and create its crisp texture while giving a mild coconut flavor.
- Vanilla - Adds a natural sweetness and hint of floral flavor.
- Orange Zest - Adds brightness to the granola and pairs well with the tart cranberries.
- Dried Cranberries - Chewy, bright, and tart, these add texture while balancing the sweetness.
- White Chocolate Chips - Creamy and sweet without overpowering any of the other ingredients.
How to Make Cranberry Bliss Granola
Making homemade granola is easy, delicious, and a great way to control all of your own ingredients. It's an ideal snack on the go and fun addition to any breakfast. Requiring less than half an hour bake time, this is a great dish to always have on hand.
Time needed: 35 minutes.
Hearty oats are combined with tart cranberries, crunchy nuts, and sweet white chocolate for a comforting and delicious easy snack.
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Dry Ingredients
Add the nuts, oats, and cinnamon to a bowl and mix to combine.
- Wet Ingredients
Add the maple syrup, coconut oil, vanilla, and orange zest to another bowl and mix to combine.
Pour the wet mixture over the bowl of oats and nuts. Mix until everything is thoroughly coated.
Spread the granola onto the prepared baking sheet. Allow it to bake for 20-25 minutes until golden brown, stirring every 10 minutes. Let it cool completely.
- Finishing Touch
Add the cranberries and white chocolate chips to the granola and mix to combine. Transfer it to an airtight container.
While the combination of cranberries and white chocolate are a direct nod to cranberry bliss bars, you can swap out ingredients to adjust this to what you have on hand and your favorite flavors.
- Dried Cherries - For a similar tart bite with chew, swap the dried cranberries in this recipe for cherries.
- Dark Chocolate Chips - Love dark chocolate? Swap the white chocolate chips in this granola recipe with dark chocolate chips.
- Dried Apricots - For a slightly sweeter variation, swap the dried cranberries with dried apricots. Apricots pair well with white chocolate.
This recipe can be made completely dairy free by using dairy free white chocolate chips.
Homemade granola is great for meal prep and an easy item to make to always have on hand. Allow it to cool completely before adding in your dried cranberries and white chocolate chips. Once they've been mixed in transfer your granola to an airtight container. It will stay fresh at room temperature for up to two weeks.
How to Serve Cranberry Bliss Granola
This granola is irresistible straight from the jar. However, have fun adding it to other creations. Here are just a few ideas!
- Greek Yogurt
- Ice Cream
- Frozen Yogurt
- Fruit Salad
Top Tip for Cranberry Bliss Granola
Lining your baking sheet with parchment paper is a great way to not only prevent your granola from sticking, but also allows it to more evenly toast. In addition, it makes for both an easy way to transfer it to your storage container and a quick and easy cleanup!
Cranberry Bliss Granola
- 1 baking sheet
- 2 mixing bowls
- parchment paper
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup pecans
- 1 cup almond flakes
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- 1 tsp orange zest
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Add the oats, nuts, and cinnamon to a bowl. Toss to combine.
- In a separate bowl add the coconut oil, maple syrup, zest, and vanilla. Whisk to combine.
- Pour the maple syrup mixture over the oats and nuts. Toss until they are fully coated.
- Spread the granola mixture onto the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until toasted, stirring every 10 minutes to make sure it cooks evenly.
- Allow to cool completely.
- Add the cranberries and white chocolate chips. Toss to combine.
- Transfer the granola to an airtight container. It will keep for up to 2 weeks.