Who says baking has to be complicated? With just a handful of ingredients and less than an hour, you will be serving up an elegant and delicious, sweet treat. These Easy Apple Tartelettes are destined to become a new favorite.
When you start with beautiful ingredients, it doesn’t take much to make them shine. I love apples and love incorporating them into both savory and sweet dishes. These pretty little confections are a fun way to celebrate the apple.
An Apple a Day…
I hope when they said “an apple a day keeps the doctor away” they meant these Easy Apple Tartelettes. I can promise you they will instantly make you smile when you pull them from the oven. They’re just so beautiful in their simplicity.
These tartelettes are not only easy to make, but they’re also ideal any time of day. While they’re at home next to your afternoon cup of tea they’re just as welcome served during a brunch at home.
These require just six simple ingredients. Seven if you count the mandatory scoop of ice cream begging to melt atop the still warm, flaky, buttery tartelettes.
Use your favorite type of baking apple for this recipe. The natural sweetness of the apples will shine through as there is only a sprinkle of raw sugar on them to help them caramelize a little. If you prefer a more tart apple, use something like Granny Smith. If you want it a little sweeter, Honeycrisp and Golden Delicious are great options.
The secret to making this so easy comes straight from the freezer section. Frozen puff pastry makes creating the crust a breeze. Simply allow it to defrost on your counter while you prep the rest of your ingredients.
Easy as…Easy Apple Tartlettes
Take out the puff pastry and preheat your oven. You will be serving up these sweet little treats in no time.
- Allow you puff pastry to defrost either overnight in the refrigerator or come to room temp on the counter.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Cut your sheet of puff pastry into four even squares.
- Slice your apples thin. You can slice them however you want and use a mandolin if you desire.
- Brush the outer edges of the puff pastry with an egg wash. That’s simply one egg whisked with one tablespoon of water.
- Layer a few apple slices onto the center of each puff pastry.
- Sprinkle the top of the apples with raw sugar and a pinch of cinnamon.
- Divide the butter among the four tartelettes, breaking into little pieces.
- Bake until golden brown and puffy, 20-25 minutes.
- Definitely serve with ice cream when still warm!
Are you looking for more apple ideas? Make sure you check out my recipe for Invisible Apple Cake.
Easy Apple Tartelettes
- baking sheet
- parchment paper
- 1 sheet of puff pastry, defrosted
- 1-2 apples, thinly sliced
- raw sugar
- 2 tbsp softened butter
- pinch of cinnamon
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp water
- ice cream for serving
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Whisk together the egg and water to form an egg wash.
- Cut the sheet of puff pasty into 4 even squares.
- Brush the edges of the puff pastry with the egg wash.
- Arrange the apple slices in the center of each piece of puff pastry.
- Add touches of butter, sprinkle the apples with raw sugar and a pinch of cinnamon.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until golden brown and puffy.
- Serve with ice cream when still warm.