I am always looking for quick and delicious recipes for when life gets busy. I want to serve my family something comforting and healthy while spending minimal time in the kitchen. This Easy Broccoli Cheddar Crustless Quiche is one of our favorites.
When you’re short on time, eggs are always a great way to get dinner on the table in a hurry. This dish will give you all that cozy comfort of quiche but without all of the work.
There are many reasons I love this Easy Broccoli Cheddar Crustless Quiche, not least of which is bacon. Can we agree that whenever something starts with bacon, we know it’s going to be good?
This cheesy and savory dish goes from the oven to the dinner table in less than an hour. Packed with tender crisp broccoli, earthy mushrooms, and of course that smoky bacon, it’s filled with texture and flavor.
Quiches in general aren’t just a great canvas to play with ingredients, they’re also an ideal dish to clean out the refrigerator. A few strips of bacon that didn’t get cooked? Fry them up! A couple cups of broccoli florets that never got added to a salad or crudité plate? Toss them in. Those handful of mushrooms? Toss them in too.
This crustless quiche is a great way to encourage your family to eat more vegetables. The creamy texture of the custard base hugs everything in a silky embrace. In addition to the chaddar cheese, parmesan is also added to a buttered baking dish creating an irresistible crispy crust.
While I love this as a dinner option, this also makes a great lunch, or even brunch item. And if they are any leftovers it’s just as good the next day!
Weeknight Made Easy with Easy Broccoli Cheddar Crustless Quiche
Take out your eggs and heat up your favorite skillet. Let’s crack into how easy this recipe is.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Heat your skillet over medium heat and add your bacon. Allow it to cook for 4-5 minutes until it’s just starting to get a little crispy and renders some of its fat.
- Onion or shallot? Pick your favorite aromatic and add it to the pan, allowing it to sauté in the bacon drippings.
- Add your mushrooms and broccoli florets. Continue to stir.
- Season with salt, pepper, and crushed red pepper flakes for a little heat.
- Your vegetables will continue cooking in the oven. Don’t worry about them cooking completely through.
- Whisk together your eggs, milk, and heavy cream. This is your custard.
- Butter a baking dish. Sprinkle shredded parmesan all over the bottom and sides.
- Transfer the broccoli and mushroom mixture to the baking dish.
- Top with the custard.
- Sprinkle the cheddar over the top.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes or until the quiche is golden brown and puffy.
This quiche is perfect served with a salad. If you’re looking for a fun salad idea, make sure to check out my recipe for Festive Brussels Sprouts and Green Bean Salad.
Easy Broccoli Cheddar Crustless Quiche
- 1 skillet
- 1 mixing bowl
- 1 baking dish
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 3-4 strips of bacon, chopped
- 1 shallot or small onion, diced
- 16 oz mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- pinch of chili flakes
- 5 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 tbsp parmesan cheese
- chives for garnishing
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add bacon and cook for 4-5 minutes until the bacon is just beginning to get a little crispy and render its fat.
- Add the shallots or onion and continue to cook a couple of minutes.
- Add the mushrooms and broccoli. Season with salt and pepper and a sprinkle of crushed red pepper flakes.
- Continue to stir and sauté the vegetables until the mushrooms are slightly caramelized and the broccoli tender-crisp.
- In a separate bowl whisk together the eggs, milk, and heavy cream.
- Butter a baking dish. Sprinkle in the parmesan cheese coating the bottom and sides.
- Add the broccoli-mushroom mixture to the baking dish.
- Pour the egg mixture over the top. Top with the cheddar cheese.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes or until golden brown and puffy.
- Garnish with chives.
- Bon appetite!