How to Make Easy Homemade Tomato Soup
How to Serve Easy Tomato Soup
Grilled Cheese Sandwich: Pair a warm bowl of tomato soup with a classic grilled cheese sandwich. The combination of the creamy soup and the gooey cheese will make your taste buds sing.
Fresh Herbs and Parmesan Cheese: Garnish your soup with fresh herbs like basil or parsley for a burst of freshness. Sprinkle some freshly grated Parmesan cheese on top to add a touch of nutty flavor.
Hint of Garlic: For a subtle garlic kick, sprinkle a pinch of garlic powder over the soup. It will elevate the flavors without overpowering the tomato goodness.
Top Tip for Easy Homemade Tomato Soup
Easy Homemade Tomato Soup
- 1 stockpot
- 1 Immersion Blender
- 1/2 stick butter
- 1 can whole peeled tomatoes
- 3-4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 shallot or small onion, chopped
- 1 tsp dried basil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup broth or stock, any variety
- 1/2 cup heavy cream, plus extra for serving
- optional garnishes, crushed red pepper flakes, fresh basil, grilled cheese croutons
- Heat a stockpot over medium heat.
- Add the butter, garlic, and onion or shallot. Allow to sauté for 2-3 minutes until fragrant and translucent.
- Add the canned tomatoes. Use your spoon to break them up slightly.
- Season with salt, pepper, and dried basil.
- Add the broth and stir to combine.
- Allow to simmer for 15 minutes.
- Use an immersion blender to blend until desired consistency.
- Stir in the heavy cream.
- To serve, drizzle with extra heavy cream if desired.