Nutty roasted vegetables, warm, earthy spices, and a bright tangy sauce make this Roasted Cauliflower with Mint Yogurt Sauce perfect for any meatless Monday. Bold flavors and an easy process make this a dish the entire family will love.
Cauliflower in general is a great option for vegetarian meals. It’s not only a canvas for flavors but as it roasts it gets nutty while maintaining a meaty texture. Whether it’s Roasted Tandoori Style Cauliflower or this easy sheet pan meal, it’s a versatile vegetable that pairs well with spices.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- Easy Process – All of the vegetables are roasted on a sheet pan while the fresh and herbaceous sauce comes together with ease in the blender.
- Accessible Ingredients – This recipe combines pantry staples like chickpeas with easily accessible vegetables like radishes and cauliflower that’s available year-round.
- Meal Prep – The leftovers are perfect for lunches. You can also make this ahead and enjoy it during the week to add to bowls with your favorite base such as rice, mixed greens, or quinoa.
Eating healthy and meat free doesn’t have to be complicated. Roasted Cauliflower with Mint Yogurt Sauce combines fresh and vibrant produces with a few earthy and warm spices that’s ideal for any night of the week.
- Cauliflower – When roasted, cauliflower takes on a nutty flavor while maintaining it’s meaty texture.
- Chickpeas – Adds an instant boost of protein to this meal as well as texture.
- Radishes – Radishes get sweeter as their roasted and add a slightly spicy bite.
- Olive Oil – Helps the spices adhere to all of the vegetables while adding richness.
- Spices – Salt, curry powder, paprika, and turmeric bring warm flavor without being spicy.
- Yogurt – The base for the tangy, creamy sauce.
- Mint – Adds instant freshness to the sauce that is a beautiful contrast to the warm spices of the roasted vegetables.
- Cilantro – A little citrusy and completely vibrant, brings an herbaceous pop to the sauce.
- Lemon Juice – Adds a sunny pop of brightness to the sauce.
- Garlic – Savory, aromatic, and a little pungent, adds depth to the sauce.
- Ginger – Adds warm spice to the sauce and pairs well with the curry powder in the vegetables.
How to Make Roasted Cauliflower with Mint Yogurt Sauce
If you’re looking for a fun way to get your kids to try new flavors and eat more vegetables, this is it. The smell of the warm spices basking in the oven will have them flocking to the kitchen asking, what’s for dinner?
Time needed: 1 hour
Spiced vegetables are roasted and topped with a bright and herbaceous yogurt sauce.
- Mise en Place
Drain and rinse your chickpeas. Cut your vegetables. Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
Add your olive oil and spices to a bowl and mix together.
Spread your cauliflower, radishes, and chickpeas out onto a baking sheet. Drizzle the spiced oil over the top and toss to coat and combine.
Allow the vegetables to roast for 20-25 minutes or until they are golden and tender-crisp.
While the vegetables are roasting add all of the ingredients for the sauce to a blender and blend until smooth. If the sauce seems to thick add a little water to thin it out.
Plate the roasted vegetables onto a platter. Drizzle the sauce over the top.
This dish can easily be made a little spicy if you want to spice things up. Add a pinch of cayenne to the spiced oil mixture. You can also add a pinch to the mint yogurt sauce if desired.
How to Serve Roasted Cauliflower with Mint Yogurt Sauce
This dish is perfect on its own served as a main, and also makes a great side dish. Here are a few ideas on how to serve it up.
- Bowl – Use this as the topping for your favorite bowl base such as rice, quinoa, mixed greens, or farro.
- With naan or stuffed into a pita
- Salad topping
Looking for a great veggie forward option to meal prep with? This is it. Allow your vegetables to fully cool and then transfer them to airtight storage containers. For the best texture you will want to store the mint yogurt dressing in a separate container. Keep it refrigerated until ready to serve and they will both last for up to five days in the refrigerator.
Top Tips for Roasted Cauliflower with Mint Yogurt Sauce
Make sure that you place your vegetables on a large enough sheet pan. You want them all spread out in a single layer. This will allow them to roast, getting that beautiful color and texture as opposed if they’re crowded together. If they’re too close together they will steam instead.
It also helps to cut your vegetables into fairly even sizes. This will allow them all to cook to the same level of doneness without some being overcooked and others still raw.
Roasted Cauliflower with Mint Yogurt Sauce
- 1 baking sheet
- 1 blender
- 1 head of cauliflower medium
- 1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 bunch radishes, washed well
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp curry powder
Mint Yogurt Sauce
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1 handful fresh mint
- 1 handful fresh cilantro
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/2" fresh ginger
- pinch of salt
- 2 tbsp water, if needed
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Cut the cauliflower into florets. Cut the radishes into quarters.
- Add the olive oil to a bowl along with the spices. Mix to combine.
- Spread the cauliflower, radishes, and chickpeas out onto a baking sheet.
- Drizzle the spiced oil over the top.
- Let the vegetables roast for20-25 minutes until golden and tender-crisp.
- Plate onto a platter and drizzle the sauce over the top, or serve in bowls with your favorite base such as rice, quinoa, or mixed greens.
Mint Yogurt Sauce
- Add all of the ingredients for the sauce to a blender and blend until smooth.