When the weekend is upon us, what better way to celebrate than with a refreshing cocktail! Cheers to you! Let's celebrate with a Strawberry Black Pepper Gin and Tonic.
There's just something about a pretty chilled cocktail that instantly brightens the mood. This fun and festive drink combines the sweetness of strawberries with the herbaceous not of gin for an easy, breezy drink.
Strawberry season is in full swing here in Florida. In this past week the strawberry shortcake was declared the official dessert of the Sunshine State. This Strawberry Black Pepper Gin and Tonic is a great way to toast the flavors of the season.
Unless you live in Florida you might not associate strawberries with the state. However, Plant City in Hillsborough County is actually recognized as the winter strawberry capital of the world. Just like we celebrate our citrus we also celebrate these sweet crimson fruits with festival and numerous dishes dedicated to their honor.
The classic gin and tonic combines herbal gin with light, bright, and happy tonic water for a crisp and refreshing drink. This cocktail gets a twist of fun and whimsy with the addition of fresh muddles strawberries and sharp, spicy black peppercorns. It wakes up the taste buds and makes them dance while having you go back for another sip.
They type of gin used for this recipe also gives it a beautiful color and playful twist. Empress 1908 Gin provides a dramatic splash of color and elegance to this drink along with its own unique flavor.
The distinctive indigo color comes from butterfly pea blossoms. 100% natural, it’s infused with eight different kinds of botanicals. As a nod to its namesake and inspiration, the Fairmont Empress Hotel in Victoria, British Colombia, it has the Empress Hotel black tea blend. In addition, it also has juniper, rose, coriander seed, grapefruit peel, cinnamon bark, and ginger root.
Shaking Up the Weekend with Strawberry Black Pepper Gin and Tonic
Get out your muddler and ice bucket, and let's get the weekend started! With just a few easy steps you will be serving up this fun and vibrant cocktail.
- You will need three strawberries per cocktail.
- Add your strawberries and black pepper to a cocktail shaker or glass. Using a muddler, crush the strawberries to release their juices.
- Pour the crushed strawberries and pepper into your cocktail glass and top with ice.
- Add your gin and then top with tonic water.
Are you looking for more fun and easy cocktail recipes? Make sure you check out my recipe for a Spicy Cranberry Orange Gin Cocktail.
Strawberry Black Pepper Gin and Tonic
- 1 muddler
- 1 Cocktail Glass
- 3 strawberries, plus extra for garnish
- pinch of crushed black pepper
- 2 oz Empress 1908 Gin
- tonic water
- Add the strawberries and a pinch of crushed black pepper to a cocktail shaker or glass.
- Use the muddler to crush the strawberries and release their juices.
- Pour the crushed strawberries into a cocktail glass.
- Top with ice.
- Add the gin.
- Top the cocktail off with tonic water.
- Garnish with sliced strawberries if desired.