Cool down and beat the summer heat with this crispy and crunchy salad. Cucumber and Radish Salad with Yogurt is the ultimate side to serve all season long.
I can never get enough of salad recipes, such as my Moroccan Carrot Salad. They're always the perfect side to everything from summer burgers on the grill to your Sunday roast chicken. The combination of creamy, tangy dressing and crunchy vegetables will have you going back for seconds.
- Radishes - These offer up a crunchy, peppery bite that contrasts to the tangy dressing.
- Persian Cucumbers - Cool and crisp, Persian cucumbers have less seeds and a thinner skin than the regular garden variety.
- Yogurt - Creamy and tangy, it's the perfect cooling base for the dressing.
- Lemon Juice - Brings brightness that lightens up the dressing and wakes up the flavors.
- Olive Oil - Because this is a major component of the dressing, make sure you pick a good quality olive oil.
- Salt and Pepper
- Fresh Dill - Bright, fresh, and herbaceous. The combination of dill and chives gives a nod to the flavors of ranch.
- Fresh Chives - Chives offer up a mellow onion flavor that doesn't compete with or overpower the other flavors.
How to Make Cucumber and Radish Salad with Yogurt
There's no need to heat up the kitchen with this quick and easy salad!
Time needed: 1 hour and 10 minutes.
The hardest part of making this salad is letting it chill out for an hour!
- The Slice is Nice
Use a mandoline to create thin, even slices of both your radishes and your Persian cucumbers.
Add your ingredients for the dressing into a bowl and mix to combine.
- Mix it Up
Add the dressing and the sliced cucumbers and radishes to a large bowl. Toss to combine and make sure the vegetables are all thoroughly coated in the dressing.
- Cool Down
Allow the salad to chill in the refrigerator for at least an hour so the flavors can marry.
With just a handful of accessible ingredients, this salad is as easy to shop for as it is to make. However, you can swap out some of the ingredients for what you may already have on hand.
- Cucumbers- If you can't find the smaller Persian cucumbers, you can substitute with English cucumbers. They are also a thin-skinned variety with less seeds.
- Dried Herbs - Fresh herbs are always best, but in a pinch dried dill and chives will also work in this. Cut the amount by half.
This is a great recipe on its own but can also be changed to suit your personal tastes. Have fun with the fresh herbs. Try adding parsley, cilantro, or a combination for a slightly different flavor profile.
A mandoline not only makes slicing all of your cucumbers and radishes easy, but it also keeps their sizes thing and uniform. Just be careful when you're getting to the end of your vegetables and use the guard if you have one.
Top Tip for Cucumber and Radish Salad with Yogurt
As cool and refreshing as this salad is the first day, it's even better the next. This salad is a great make ahead that you can take to any barbecue or event. Just keep it stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator until you're ready to serve it.
Cucumber and Radish Salad with Yogurt
- 1 mandoline
- 2 Bowls
- 2 cups radishes, thinly sliced
- 2 cups Persian cucumbers, thinly sliced
- 3 tbsp yogurt
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp fresh dill, chopped
- 1 tbsp chives, snipped or chopped
- Use a mandoline to thinly slice your cucumbers and radishes. Place them into a large bowl.
- Add your yogurt, olive oil, lemon juice, and salt and pepper to a bowl. Mix to combine.
- Pour the dressing over the sliced cucumbers and radishes and add your herbs.
- Mix to combine, making sure the vegetables are thoroughly coated in the dressing.
- Adjust for salt and pepper if needed.
- Allow the salad to chill for an hour before serving.