Cheers to the holidays and the joy of the season. I can't think of a more universally appealing cocktail than the effervescent mimosa. Dazzling Blood Orange Mimosas are a classic with a little extra sparkle.
I can't think of a more beloved cocktail than a mimosa. With usually only two simple ingredients it's an easy crowd pleaser that can serve a couple or your holiday party. The addition of blood orange to these mimosas makes them even more festive.
'Tis the Season
Not only are these Dazzling Blood Orange Mimosas resplendent in vibrant colors, but they're also perfect for the winter holidays because blood oranges are at their prime. There's something to be said about a cocktail that's equally at home in the morning for brunch as it is gathered around the Christmas tree.
If you've never had a blood orange, they have an almost raspberry like back note in addition to the crisp, tart, sweet flavor of an orange. Their color brings drama and the flavor adds depth. For this recipe we're using a pound of blood oranges, freshly squeezed. There is no substitution of that fragrant, just picked from the grove, flavor of freshly squeezed.
Besides the freshly squeezed blood oranges, all you need is your favorite prosecco, champagne, sparkling wine, or even cava. Pick your favorite form of bubbles! 'Tis the season for having fun and being sparkly.
Rosemary brings in a scent of the holidays and is a beautiful garnish. It also infuses that faintly woodsy flavor that pairs well with the blood orange.
Pop that Cork and Pour Dazzling Blood Orange Mimosas
While this is the ultimate easy cocktail, there are tips that can take this already beautiful drink over the top. Get out your champagne flutes, pop the bubbly, and let's pour a cocktail.
- Freshly squeezed blood orange juice is the best. It gives your the truest flavor of the fruit.
- You can squeeze your juice ahead of time. This makes it a great make ahead cocktail. It also allows you to chill the juice.
- Chill your bubbly of choice. There's something about a cool and crisp mimosa that instantly sets the mood.
- If you have room in your freezer, you can also chill your glasses.
- You can individually make these cocktails, or have them poured and waiting for your family and friends.
- Go ahead and pick up an extra bottle of your favorite sparkly, and squeeze extra blood orange juice. These don't last long.
Cheers to the holidays and spending time with those you love. May your season be as colorful as these mimosas!
Are you looking for the perfect appetizer to go with these mimosas? Check out my recipe for Baked Brie with Roasted Grapes.
Dazzling Blood Orange Mimosas
- champagne flutes
- 1 lbs blood oranges
- 1 bottle Prosecco or champagne, chilled
- rosemary sprigs for garnish
- Squeeze the blood oranges. This portion can be made ahead of time and chilled.
- Add 2 tbsp of the fresh blood orange juice to each champagne flute.
- Top with prosecco, or bubbly of choice.
- Garnish with a rosemary sprig.