Fall is officially here and that means it’s time for sugar, spice, and everything nice. Glazed Orange Cranberry Loaf is not only delicious but will make your entire home smell like your favorite autumn candle.
Just pop open the bottle of Prosecco and pour yourself a Dazzling Blood Orange Mimosa. This moist and delicious cranberry stuffed bread will become the star of your next brunch.
When you start with beautiful seasonal ingredients like cranberries and citrus, it doesn’t take a lot to create a dish your entire family with love. Glazed Orange Cranberry Loaf combines a few pantry staples with these vibrant fall ingredients.
- Sugar – Adds sweetness that balances the tartness of the cranberries.
- Neutral Oil – Use your favorite for baking such as vegetable oil or canola oil.
- Vanilla – Adds a natural sweetness and slightly floral note. The higher the quality the vanilla extract, the more pronounced the flavor is.
- Oranges – Orange juice adds moisture to this cake and the oils in the orange zest add a depth of flavor that permeates every bite. Orange juice is also used to make the orange glaze.
- Baking Powder – Gives this sweet loaf it’s texture.
- Yogurt – Adds both tang and also moisture.
- Cranberries – Fresh cranberries add fruitiness, tang, and a little tartness while also making this breakfast bread Instagram worthy.
- Powdered Sugar – Just mix a little fresh squeezed orange juice with powdered sugar and you have the perfect shimmering glaze to cascade over this bread.
How to Make Glazed Orange Cranberry Loaf
Skip the box mix and reach for the fresh ingredients. This tangy and moist cake comes together with ease, making it perfect for any level of baking skill.
Time needed: 1 hour
Get out the mixing bowl and heat up the oven. This is sure to become a new fall favorite.
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Butter your loaf pan and set it aside.
Whisk together your eggs and sugar until slightly frothy. Add your remaining wet ingredients and mix to combine. Add in your dry ingredients, careful not to over mix.
Pour your batter into the prepared loaf pan. Let your loaf bake for 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Allow it to cool.
Whisk together your powdered sugar and orange juice. If it seems thick add a little extra juice. Pour it over the top of your orange cranberry loaf.
Fresh cranberries are always best but sometimes those fall flavors are crave worthy year round. Defrosted frozen cranberries can be substituted for the fresh cranberries in this recipe.
There’s nothing like biting into a cranberry orange muffin. This same recipe can be prepared in a muffin tin or mini muffin tin. The only difference in the recipe will be the bake time.
Glazed Orange Cranberry Loaf is the perfect make ahead for breakfast, brunch, or just a sweet treat. It can be stored at room temperature in an airtight container for 3-4 days. If it lasts that long!
Top Tip for Glazed Orange Cranberry Loaf
There is nothing like seeing those gleaming gems of cranberries studded throughout your slice of breakfast bread. Toss them in a little flour before folding them into your batter. This will prevent them from all sinking to the bottom when it bakes. This also works for recipes such as blueberry and raspberry bread and muffins.
Glazed Orange Cranberry Loaf
- 1 mixing bowl
- 1 9" loaf pan
Orange Cranberry Loaf
- 2 eggs large
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup neutral oil
- 1 tsp vanilla
- zest of an orange
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup yogurt
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 cups fresh cranberries
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tbsp orange juice, more as needed
Orange Cranberry Loaf
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Butter your loaf pan and set it aside.
- Add your eggs and sugar to a mixing bowl. Mix until the sugar is slightly dissolved, and the mixture is frothy.
- Add in your remaining wet ingredients and mix to combine.
- Add in your flour and baking powder and mix until just combined. Don't over mix.
- Fold in your cranberries.
- Pour the batter into your prepared loaf pan.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow to cool completely before glazing.
- Mix together the powdered sugar and orange juice. Add a little extra orange juice if you want it thinner.
- Drizzle over the top of your orange cranberry loaf.