The school year is officially back in session and things are busier than ever. I love having quick and healthy one dish dinners I can throw together to get dinner on the table in a hurry. Greek Sausage Sheet Pan Dinner is one of my family's favorites.
I love the bake it and forget it ease of sheet pan dinners, such as my Sausage and Gnocchi Sheet Pan Dinner. Not only does it make for easy clean up, but it's also a great way to serve a complete and healthy meal to your family in no time.
This recipe uses one of my family's favorite ingredients combined with just a handful of fresh produce. Mix together a light and bright dressing, and dinner is done!
- al fresco Sweet Italian Style Chicken Sausage - al fresco Chicken Sausage is made with all natural ingredients, minimally process, and already cooked. It's perfect for healthy, quick meals. The Sweet Italian Style Chicken sausage includes red and green bell peppers. They're a great source of protein that the entire family loves.
- Cherry or Grape Tomatoes - Use whatever looks good. These add a burst of color and natural sweetness.
- Red Onion - Aromatic and colorful, the red onion gets sweeter as it roasts in the oven.
- Zucchini - This mild and cheerful vegetable is a great canvas for flavor, like the bright Greek dressing, while also adding its own layer of sweetness.
- Yellow Bell Pepper - Bringing beautiful color, texture, and sweetness, the bell pepper echoes the flavors in the chicken sausage.
- Kalamata Olives - Briny, salty, and savory, these add a pop of bright flavor to every bite and balance the sweet vegetables.
- Feta Cheese - Tangy and salty, this dry sheep's milk cheese adds a little creaminess and bite.
- Parsley - All that is needed to finish off this dish is the addition of grassy, fresh, herbaceous parsley.
- Olive Oil - Olive oil makes up the base of the Greek dressing and helps all of the vegetables and sausage to roast.
- Lemon - Give that lemon a squeeze! It gives a pop of citrusy sunshine.
- Oregano - Oregano gives an aromatic minty pop to the Greek dressing. It literally translates to Joy of the Mountain in Greek
- Garlic - Sharp, bright, and aromatic, garlic perfumes the Greek dressing and this entire dish.
- Black Pepper
How to Make Greek Sausage Sheet Pan Dinner
This can easily be broken into three simple steps, chop, shake, and bake. All you need is a sheet pan and this dinner comes together in no time.
Time needed: 41 minutes.
This colorful and fresh dinner answer's the age-old question, what's for dinner?
Preheat your oven to 400 degrees. Chop all of your vegetables into fairly even sizes.
Add all of your ingredients for the Greek dressing and shake until its combined and emulsified.
Spread your vegetables onto the sheet pan. Pour half of the dressing over the vegetables.
Add the sausages, feta, and olives onto the top of the vegetables. Pour the remaining dressing over the top.
Bake your sheet pan dinner for 30 minutes, or until your vegetables are tender crisp.
Sprinkle the fresh parsley over the top. Dinner is served!
The al fresco Sweet Italian Style Chicken Sausage can be substituted with any of their other flavors. Roasted Garlic and Spinach and Feta would be delicious in this recipe.
In addition, this recipe can be made Dairy Free by leaving off the feta cheese.
Variations on Greek Sausage Sheet Pan Dinner
If you like things spicy, give this dish a kick with the addition of crushed red pepper flakes. Add them to your Greek Dressing when you're shaking it up.
The only tool you need for this quick and easy dinner is a large sheet pan. Pick one that will allow all of your vegetables to spread out. This will let them roast evenly as opposed to some steaming, some roasting.
In addition to being an ideal dish to meal prep with, you can also prepare this dish ahead of time. Keep all of your chopped vegetables stored in airtight containers in the refrigerator until ready to bake. You can also keep the leftovers stored in an airtight container for several days once it's baked.
Top Tips for Greek Sausage Sheet Pan Dinner
There is nothing better than the crispy skin of sausage. Cutting your sausages hasselback style allows the skin to get crispy while it roasts in the oven. In addition, cutting all of your vegetables into similar sizes allows them to roast evenly.
Greek Sausage Sheet Pan Dinner
- 1 baking sheet
Sausage Sheet Pan Dinner
- 11 oz al fresco Sweet Italian Style Chicken Sausages
- 2 cups grape or cherry tomatoes
- 1 red onion sliced
- 1 zucchini, sliced medium
- 1 yellow bell pepper, sliced
- 1 cup kalamata olives
- 1 cup feta cheese, cubed
- ½ cup olive oil
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 tsp oregano
- 2 garlic cloves, grated
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
Sausage Sheet Pan Dinner
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Spread the vegetables evenly onto the sheet pan.
- Add all of the ingredients for the Greek vinaigrette to a jar and shake to combine.
- Pour half of the dressing over the vegetables. Toss to completely cover.
- Top the vegetables with the sausages, olives, and feta.
- Pour the remaining dressing over the top.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until the sausages are golden and the vegetables are tender.
- Top with parsley and enjoy!
Leave a Reply