I don't know about you, but I am always looking for ideas on what to do with leftovers. These fun and festive Grilled Steak Tacos with Blue Cheese Sauce are a great way to give steak a makeover.
Summertime grilling is an ideal way to meal prep. You can throw different proteins on the grill and use them throughout the week. What might be your steak and potatoes one night gets reinvented into tacos bursting with fusion of flavors the next. Just add a cocktail like my Ultimate Spicy Micheladas and you have a readymade fiesta!
You can customize the flavors in these tacos to your favorites. However, I am combining the steak house classic duo, steak and blue cheese, into a fun and updated take on taco night.
- Leftover steak - Flank steak, skirt steak, NY strip, and sirloin are just some of the options for these tacos.
- Tortillas - Either corn tortillas or flour tortillas will work. Use your favorite or use a combination so your family and friends can have fun making it their own.
- Blue cheese - The tang of the blue cheese balances out the richness of the steak.
- Sour cream
- Toppings - Fresh cilantro, sliced peppery radishes, and a bright squeeze of lime are the ideal accents for these tacos.
- Fresh Summer Cherry Salsa - This tart and fruity salsa makes these tacos come alive with the flavors of summer.
How to Make Grilled Steak Tacos with Blue Cheese Sauce
Everything in these tacos can be made ahead of time! This makes it an ideal weeknight meal that only requires heating up your tortillas.
Time needed: 30 minutes.
Give Taco Tuesday and colorful twist with these bright and bold tacos.
- Steak's On
Season and grill your steak to your desired level of doneness.
- Cheese Please!
Mix together your ingredients for your blue cheese sauce. This can be made the day before. Allow it to chill before serving so the flavors can marry.
- Hot Tortillas!
Heat your tortillas.
- Taco Time!
Build your tacos. Spread the blue cheese sauce onto your warmed tortillas. Add slices of steak. Garnish with your favorite toppings. Finish them off with Fresh Summer Cherry Salsa. Cheers to taco night!
The fun of these tacos is that you can use whatever leftover protein you have. Grilled chicken would be a great substitute for the grilled steak. You could also make this vegetarian by using your favorite grilled vegetables such as grilled cauliflower.
Variations on Grilled Steak Tacos with Blue Cheese Sauce
Cut the carb and turn these tacos into a steak salad! Top your favorite greens with the sliced steak, Drizzle on the blue cheese sauce. Add your toppings, and don't forget the summer cherry salsa!
Everything from the grilled steak to the blue cheese sauce can be prepared ahead of time. Store the Fresh Summer Cherry Salsa and the blue cheese sauce in airtight containers. Store your grilled steak in a ziplock bag. Everything should be refrigerated until you are ready to assemble your tacos.
Top Tip for Grilled Steak Tacos with Blue Cheese Sauce
Whenever you are grilling, go ahead and throw extra veggies and proteins on the grill. They make for great meal prep and make ahead dishes that you can enjoy all week long!
Grilled Steak Tacos with Blue Cheese Sauce
- 1 Grilled steak, thinly sliced
- 6 Tortillas, heated
- 1 cup Fresh Summer Cherry Salsa
- Optional toppings, cilantro, lime, radishes
Blue Cheese Sauce
- ½ cup blue cheese
- 1 cup sour cream
- Mix together the ingredients for your blue cheese sauce. Allow to chill until ready to use.
- To build your tacos, spread a layer of the blue cheese sauce onto a warm tortilla.
- Top with slices of steak.
- Add your toppings.
- Finish with the Fresh Summer Cherry Salsa.