Who is craving those sun filled days of summer? As soon as the weather heats up, I love having easy and delicious recipes that keep me outside and out of the kitchen. Tuttorosso Shrimp Ceviche is one of my favorites.
With just a few fresh, vibrant ingredients and a favorite pantry staple, this colorful dish comes together in a fiesta of flavors. Skip heating up the kitchen and cool down with this tropical creation.
Layers of Flavor
Tuttorosso Shrimp Ceviche is all about building layers of flavor and texture. With just a little chopping this dish comes together effortlessly.
There are certain things I always keep stocked to make creating delicious dishes like this a breeze. One of my favorites to have on hand is Tuttorosso canned tomatoes. There's a reason Tuttorosso canned tomatoes are the number one selling Italian-inspired tomatoes. They harvest their tomatoes at peak-ripeness and lock in that picked from the vine taste. They Steam-Pack their tomatoes, keeping them free of preservatives and artificial ingredients. You can see the difference as soon as you open the can.
In addition to always having Tuttorosso tomatoes on hand, I love having the easy accessibility of their recipes. They have something for every taste! Whether I want to be transported to Italy or take a trip to Mexico they have recipes for every taste.
Ceviche is all about the combination of fresh produce married with fresh seafood. The flavors play off of each other. The tang of lime permeates every bite while the natural sweetness of the Tuttorosso Petite Diced Tomatoes give that just picked taste.
Cucumbers and onions offer up crunch. Avocado adds a creamy richness. Cilantro give that herbaceous pop that livens everything up. Orange balances the tart lime while jalapeno keeps it sassy.
Mixing Up Tuttorosso Shrimp Ceviche
Invite some friends over because this easy and bold dish is a ready made fiesta! Get out your cutting board, and let's have some fun!
- You can take the help of the grocery store and buy already cooked shrimp, or you can cook it yourself. Feeling a little fishy? You can also use a mild firm fish for this recipe such as halibut, cod, or tilapia. You will just need to adjust the marination time.
- Chop your shrimp into bite sized pieces.
- If you don't want this dish spicy, you can always remove the seeds and membrane from your jalapeno, giving you the flavor without the extra heat.
- Cut everything approximately the same size.
- Add all of your ingredients to a plastic bag, or deep glass or ceramic bowl except for the avocado and cucumbers.
- Allow the mixture to marinate for 2 hours. If making with fish increase the time to 4 hours.
- Remove from the refrigerator and stir everything together to make sure everything was marinated at the one hour mark.
- Stir in the diced avocado and cucumbers just before serving.
- You can serve these with tortilla chips or tostada shells.
Are you looking for more of my favorite Tuttorosso recipes? Make sure you check out Tuttorosso Fontina Macaroni and Cheese.
Tuttorosso Shrimp Ceviche
- 1 Cutting Board
- 1 sharp knife
- ziplock bag or large glass or ceramic bowl
- 2-3 lbs cooked shrimp, medium to large, cut into bite sized pieces
- 2 cups freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 cup orange juice
- 14.5 oz Tuttorosso Petite Diced Tomatoes, drained
- 1 red onion, chopped small
- 1 jalapeno, seeds removed, finely chopped for more heat leave seeds and membrane
- chopped fresh cilantro, about a bunch
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 avocados, diced large
- 2 cucumbers, diced
- Tortillas, tortilla chips, or tostada shells for serving
- Add all of the ingredients except for the avocdo and cucumber to a large ziplock bag or large glass or ceramic bowl.
- Stir to combine and make sure the citrus juices cover the shrimp.
- Allow to refrigerate for 2 hours. At the 1 1 hour mark stir to make sure everything is marinated.
- Just before serving stir in the avocado and cucumbers.
- Serve with warm tortillas, tortilla chips, or tostada shells.