You should never have to sacrifice bold flavors when it comes to quick and healthy weeknight meals. Chili Lime Baked Salmon with Peach Salsa will become a regular in your weekly rotation with its fresh flavors and ease to prepare.
Salmon is one of my favorite go-to ingredients when it comes to easy weeknight dinner planning. Just like my Salmon Niçoise Salad comes together effortlessly, so does this baked salmon.
Armed with just a handful of fresh ingredients, this Chili Lime Baked Salmon with Peach Salsa comes together with minimal prep.
- Salmon Fillet – Use what you like. Wild salmon such as sockeye is delicious for this when it is in season, but farm-raised salmon will also work.
- Chili Lime Seasoning – This seasoning packs a little heat and a lot of tang from lime. Buy it for your salmon and try it on your favorite fruit as well as corn. It also makes the perfect rimmer for the Ultimate Spicy Micheladas.
- Brown Sugar – The brings a little sweetness and to balance the salt and tang of the rub for the salmon.
- Tomato – You want a summer fresh, juicy tomato for this colorful and vibrant salad.
- Peach – This brings natural sweetness to the salsa while echoing the brown sugar in the rub.
- Corn – This brings natural sweetness and a crunchy bite that adds interest to the salsa. You can use either fresh corn or grilled corn.
- Red Onion – Balancing out the sweet and giving a little crunch, red onion adds a savory note to the salsa.
- Cilantro – Cilantro offers up a citrusy and herbaceous pop of flavor.
- Lime – The bust of citrus brightens up the flavors in the salsa while also complimenting the chili-lime seasoning on the salmon.
How to Make Chili Lime Baked Salmon with Peach Salsa
Turn fish night into a fiesta with a few easy steps. With minimal prep, this dish comes together easily.
Time needed: 30 minutes
From start to finish, dinner can be on the table in less than 45 minutes.
Preheat your oven to 400 degrees. Allow your salmon to come to room temperature. While it is resting, mix together your ingredients for your spice rub.
- All the Flavor
Evenly spread the rub over the entire salmon filet.
- The Heat is On
Allow your salmon to bake for 20-30 minutes until it is flaky, or you have reached your desired temperature. Salmon is best between 135-145 degrees.
- Salsa Time
While your salmon is baking, mix together your salsa. Allow it to refrigerate until you’re ready to serve. This part can also be done ahead of time as the salsa only gets better the longer it sits.
- Top it Off
When you’re ready to eat, serve the salmon with the peach and corn salsa.
The beauty of this dish is the simplicity and freshness of the ingredients. However, you can easily replace some of the ingredients with what you have or what looks good at the store that day.
- Peaches – If the peaches aren’t ripe, you can substitute with nectarines for a similar flavor profile.
- Red Onion – Feel free to swap the red onion with a sweet onion such as a Vidalia.
- Corn – Fresh corn is the best for this. However if it’s not available you can use well drained canned corn or defrosted frozen corn.
Variations on Chili Lime Baked Salmon with Peach Salsa
- Grilled – Summer and peaches go hand in hand. Don’t be afraid to fire up the grill and cook your salmon over fire. don’t forget to grill the corn too for your salsa!
- Spicy – Don’t be afraid to bring a little heat! Add either a diced jalapeno or serrano pepper to your salsa.
- Tacos – Serve this salmon and salsa with tortillas for a fresh taco on Taco Tuesday!
- Baking Sheet/Oven-Safe Baking Dish – Depending on the size of your salmon, you may use either to bake your salmon.
- Mixing Bowls – You will need a small mixing bowl to make the rub, as well as a bowl for the salsa.
The peach and corn salsa can be made ahead of time, even the day before as it gets better as it’s allowed to sit. Store it in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Top Tip For Chili Lime Baked Salmon with Peach Salsa
Before you bake your salmon, always let it rest and come to room temperature. This will help ensure that you have tender, juicy salmon.
Chili Lime Baked Salmon with Peach Salsa
- 1 baking sheet
- 2 mixing bowls
Chili Lime Baked Salmon
- 2-3 lbs whole salmon fillet
- 3 tbsp chili lime seasoning
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 tbsp brown sugar
Peach Corn Salsa
- 1 tomato, diced
- 1 peach, diced
- 1 cup corn, fresh or grilled
- 2 tbsp red onion, minced
- 2 tbsp fresh cilantro, chopped
- pinch of salt
- juice if a lime
Chili Lime Baked Salmon
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Allow the salmon to sit out and come to room temperature.
- Add the ingredients for the rub into a small bowl and mix to combine.
- Place the salmon on a baking sheet. Spread the seasoning over the entire salmon.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes until the salmon is your desired doneness. 135-145 is the recommended internal temperature.
- Serve with the peach-corn salsa.
Peach Corn Salsa
- Add all of the ingredients to a bowl and mix to combine.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- This salsa can be made ahead of time.