Pumpkin spice latte season is here. Whether you're looking for a sweet treat to serve with this fall favorite or a little confection to have with tea, Easy Pumpkin Poppyseed Bread is sure to become a new autumn favorite.
Creating seasonal breakfast breads are both easy and delicious, such as Glazed Cranberry Orange Loaf. Unlike yeasted style breads that require careful proofing and time, quick breads such as this pumpkin bread only need to be mixed and baked.
That can of pumpkin isn't just for your pies! Easy Pumpkin Poppyseed Bread combines pantry staples with fall favorites.
- All Purpose Flour
- Baking Powder - Helps give this quick bread rise.
- Salt - Enhances all of the flavors of the ingredients.
- Pumpkin Spice - Use your favorite blend. It varies but usually contains a combination of cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, and all spice. You can also make your own and store it.
- Pumpkin Puree - Adds both delicate sweetness to this bread as well as keeps it tender and moist.
- Oil - Pick a neutral flavored oil. Grapeseed oil, canola, avocado, and vegetable oil are all good choices.
- Yogurt - Adds a back note of tanginess to this bread while also giving it a tender and moist texture.
- Vanilla - The higher the quality the vanilla, the more pronounced the flavor. Gives that slightly sweet, floral, and aromatic depth.
- Powdered Sugar - Used to make the glaze. Easily dissolves when liquid is added.
- Milk - Used as part of the glaze. You may need to add a little additional to make it thinner.
How to Make Easy Pumpkin Poppyseed Bread
This bread comes together in two simple steps, just mix and bake! It's the perfect way to start the day or just a sweet treat anytime.
Time needed: 2 hours.
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Line a loaf pan with parchment paper. This will not only prevent the breakfast bread from sticking, but it will also make it easy to remove.
Add the wet ingredients to a bowl and mix until combined. Add your dry ingredients to another bowl and mix. Slowly add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and mix until just combined.
Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan. Use a spoon or spatula to even it out. Bake the quick bread for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Allow it to cool completely.
Miz together the ingredients for your glaze. If you want it a little thinner just add a little extra milk.
This pumpkin bread recipe can be made completely dairy free. Replace the yogurt in the bread with your favorite Dairy Free variety. When making your glaze use oat milk or another dairy alternative.
While this recipe makes a traditional side bread loaf, you can also use the same batter to bake up muffins. Simply grease either a muffin tin or mini muffin tin, or line them with muffin liners. They will bake up faster because of the smaller size.
- Loaf Pan - This recipe fits a traditional sized loaf pan.
- Parment Paper - Line your loaf pan with parchment paper, leaving a little to hang over the top. This will prevent the bread from sticking while also making it easy to remove.
Easy Pumpkin Poppyseed Bread is a great make ahead for both meal prep, and also sharing with friends and family. It will keep for up to five days. Simply keep it covered in an airtight container at room temperature.
Top Tip for Easy Pumpkin Poppyseed Bread
Pumpkin spice plays a predominate roll in this recipe, as well as poppy seeds. The fresher your spices are, the more pronounced the flavor. If you don't remember when the last time was that you used them, replace them. Spices start losing their potency as soon as they're opened.
Easy Pumpkin Poppyseed Bread
- 2 mixing bowls
- 1 loaf pan
Pumpkin Poppyseed Bread
- 2 cups All Purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 1 tbsp pumpkin pie spice
- 15 oz pumpkin puree
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs large
- ½ cup oil
- ½ cup yogurt
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 tbsp poppy seeds
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 3 tbsp milk may need additional
- 1 tsp poppy seeds
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Line a loaf pan with parchment paper, leaving a little overhang over the top.
- Add the flour, salt, pumpkin spice, and baking powder to a bowl and mix to combine.
- Add the remaining ingredients to another bowl and mix to combine.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients while stirring, mixing until just combined. Be careful not to over mix.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan. Use a spoon or spatula to spread it out.
- Bake the pumpkin bread for 35-40 minutes, or util a toothpick or knife comes out clean.
- Allow to cool completely.
- Whisk together the powdered sugar and milk until smooth. You may need to drizzle in a little extra milk for a thinner consistency.
- Pour the glaze over the top of the cooled bread.
- Sprinkle additional poppy seeds over the top.
Leave a Reply