Father’s Day is just around the corner and what better way to cap off the day than with a sweet treat? This Elegant Apricot Galette with Almond Cream looks like you spent all day in the kitchen, but only takes an hour to prepare.
I love using shortcuts to create elegant and easy desserts, such as my Easy Apple Tartelettes. This sweet and savory galette combines one of my favorite grocery store short cuts for a sweet and savory confection.
Fresh and Delicious
With just a handful of ingredients, this gorgeous Elegant Apricot Galette with Almond Cream comes together effortlessly. Combining both sweet and savory ingredients, it’s perfect to serve for any occasion.
- Store bought pie crust – I love using store bought pie crust as a short cut for this galette. Use your favorite brand.
- Apricots – You will want to use fresh apricots for this, not canned or frozen.
- Honey – This is the only sweetener for the apricots, allowing their flavor to shine. Lighter colored honey will have more of a neutral flavor while darker honeys will be a little more bitter with more of a molasses backnote.
- Rosemary – Fresh rosemary makes this beautiful galette a little more savory and adds a woodsy note.
- Almond flakes – These add texture to the galette and also echo the flavor in the almond cream.
- Almond flour – This is the base for the almond cream, which is also called frangipane.
- Butter – Allow your butter to come to room temperature. This will make it easy to combine with the other ingredients for the almond cream.
- Powdered sugar
- Almond extract
How to Make an Elegant Apricot Galette with Almond Cream
With just a few simple steps and tips, this colorful and delicious dessert is sure to become a new family favorite.
Skip the pie pan. This effortless galette combines fresh apricots with a free formed pie crust using your favorite store-bought crust.
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Almond Cream
Add all of your ingredients for the almond cream, or frangipane, to a bowl. Use a fork to mix it together until a thick batter forms. Make sure your butter is at room temperature and soft so it comes together easily.
- Roll Out
Roll your dough out onto the prepared baking sheet. Spread the almond cream all over the dough, leaving a one-inch boarder free of the almond cream.
- Fill It Up
Arrange the halved apricots cut side up onto the almond cream.
- Finishing Touch
Fold the crust over. Drizzle honey over the apricots. Sprinkle fresh rosemary over the top. Add the almond flakes to the crust.
- Bake Time
Bake the galette for 40 minutes until the crust is golden brown and the apricots are slightly caramelized.
- Cool Down
Allow your galette to cool completely before serving.
The almond cream in this dessert uses almond flour which is gluten free. You can easily substitute the store-bought pie crust for a gluten free variety making this entire dessert gluten free.
Switch It Up
With just a few tweaks, you can transform this galette into something new.
- Stone Fruit – Swap the apricots for plums, peaches, or nectarines.
- Thyme – Try switching the fresh rosemary for fresh thyme for a slightly lemony flavor.
Equipment to Make Elegant Apricot Galette with Almond Cream
Unlike other types of pie, there is no need for a pie pan for this galette. You only need two special tools that you already probably have.
- Baking Sheet – Use your favorite baking sheet or cookie sheet for this recipe. You will want one large enough to accommodate the circumference of the pie.
- Parchment paper – This not only helps prevent your crust from sticking to the pan, it also helps the bottom brown, and makes it easy to transfer to a cutting board or serving plate.
How to Your Elegant Apricot Galette with Almond Cream
To ensure the freshness of the apricots and the flakiness of the crust you will want to store your galette in an airtight container or covered with plastic wrap in the refrigerator. It can be served at room temperature or warmed.
The beauty of this galette is its rustic appearance. Don’t be worried about trying to fold your crust into perfection. Just leave yourself a 1′ boarder of dough to fold over and keep those juicy apricots contained.
Elegant Apricot Galette with Almond Cream
- 1 baking sheet
- parchment paper
- mixing bowl
- 1 lbs apricots, halved and pitted
- 3 tbsp honey
- few sprigs of fresh rosemary, leaves stripped
- 2 tbsp almond flakes
- 1 store bought pie crust
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 egg
- 4 tbsp butter, room temperature
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 tsp almond extract
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Add all of the ingredients for the almond cream to a bowl and mix with a fork. It will resemble a thick batter.
- Roll the pie crust out onto the prepared baking sheet.
- Spread the almon cream onto the pie crust using a spatula. Leave a 1" boarder of dough free.
- Arrange the apricots onto the almond cream, cut side up.
- Fold the 1" board of pie dough over onto the apricots to form a crust.
- Drizzle the honey over the apricots and sprinkle rosemary over the top.
- Sprinkle the almonds onto the crust.
- Bake the galette for 40 minutes.
- Allow the galette to cool completely before serving.