Start your morning with a true taste of the summer! Zucchini Corn and Feta Crustless Quiche is a celebration of savory and vibrant flavors with that perfect sweet pop of corn. Combining beautiful, fresh produce with the tang of feta and Greek yogurt, this fluffy egg dish is the perfect breakfast, lunch, or light dinner.
There is something both elegant and comforting about quiche. The airy eggs loaded with savory flavors instantly elevates a meal into an occasion. Whether it’s an Easy Broccoli Cheddar Crustless Quiche or this Mediterranean inspired version, it’s a dish that feels special yet couldn’t be easier.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- Simple Process – There is nothing complicated about any of the steps for this crustless quiche recipe. Simply sauté the vegetables, whisk up your custard mixture, assemble, and bake. Anyone can make this.
- Accessible Ingredients – Besides the fresh corn and zucchini this uses staples like eggs, heavy cream, and Greek yogurt.
- Meal Prep – This can be eaten warm, at room temperature, or cold. It refrigerates well and makes delicious leftovers. Make this for a Sunday brunch and enjoy for lunch the next day.
- Budget Friendly – Not only is this easy to shop for but it’s also easy on the wallet. This vegetarian quiche doesn’t require any high-end ingredients. It’s perfect to entertain with and also just as easy to make two!
Is there anything better than the sweet burst of summer corn? Along with corn zucchini is also in its prime this year. This Zucchini Corn and Feta Crustless Quiche is the ideal way to celebrate the season and your farmer’s market favorites.
- Zucchini – Pick medium sized zucchini for this recipe. They will be the sweetest and not as watery as a large zucchini.
- Corn – This brings both sweetness and texture to every bite of this quiche.
- Aromatics – Onion and garlic offer a savory element and give a depth of flavor.
- Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper – This is all that’s needed to accent the natural flavors of the ingredients without overpowering them. The feta is also salty and will season the quiche.
- Eggs – Use large eggs for this recipe.
- Greek Yogurt – This gives the quiche a tangy back note and a velvety texture.
- Heavy Cream – Adds richness while also giving the eggs a fluffy texture.
- Feta – Creamy, salty, and savory, this pairs well with the fresh herbs, corn, and zucchini.
- Fresh Herbs – Parsley brings a grassy note while dill offers up a sunny, citrusy pop.
- Cornmeal – This adds a toothsome bite to the quiche while also preventing it form sticking. This also echoes the natural sweetness of the fresh corn.
- Crushed Red Pepper – This is optional but adds a delicate hint of heat.
How to Make Zucchini Corn and Feta Crustless Quiche
Pop open the bubbly and get ready to toast to summer brunch. This crustless quiche recipe celebrates the flavors of the season with its fresh flavors and light, airy texture.
Time needed: 1 hour
Sweet corn, tender zucchini, creamy feta, and the fresh pop of herbs make this an instant classic.
- Mise en Place
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Butter a baking dish and dust it with cornmeal, making sure the bottom and sides are fully coated. Discard the excess. Chop your vegetables and remove the kernels of corn from the cob.
Heat a large, deep skillet over medium heat with the olive oil. Add the onions and garlic and allow them to cook until the onions are translucent. Next add the corn and zucchini and season with salt and pepper. Let them cook, stirring occasionally until they’re tender, 5-10 minutes. Remove from the heat and allow to cool.
Add the eggs, yogurt, heavy cream, and cornmeal to a bowl and whisk to combine. Stir in the feta cheese and herbs. Check for seasoning.
Spread the zucchini and corn mixture into the bottom of the prepared baking dish. Pour the egg and cheese mixture over the top.
Allow the corn and zucchini quiche to bake for 40-45 minutes until it is golden brown on top, puffed, and the eggs are set.
Try swapping out the feta in this recipe for a different type of cheese. Chevre, cotija, sharp cheddar, and Gruyere are all great options.
No zucchini? Yellow squash will also work with a similar flavor profile. Scoop out the seeds first before sauteing them to make them less watery.
This is a great vegetarian dish but you can easily add an additional boost of protein with your favorite meat. Sausage, bacon, ham, prosciutto, and pancetta would all be delicious options.
This crustless quiche can be partially prepped ahead of time and then baked when ready to serve. You can cook the vegetable portion the day before and keep it stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Once your zucchini corn and feta quiche has been baked, allow it to cool completely before covering it tightly with either plastic wrap or foil. It will keep refrigerated for up to five days. It can be eaten cold, or gently reheated in the microwave. The quiche can also be reheated in the oven on a lower setting, like 325, until just warmed through.
Top Tip for Zucchini Corn and Feta Crustless Quiche
There is nothing like the fresh, slightly sweet flavor of ripe zucchini. Every once in awhile though you might come across one that is either mealy, or slightly bitter. Here are the top tips for how to pick the perfect zucchini.
- Look for zucchini that feel heavy for their size.
- Pick zucchini that are uniform in color, are dark green, and don’t have any blemishes.
- You want your zucchini to be firm in texture with no soft spots.
- Avoid large zucchini as they often are watery, over ripe, and bland in flavor.
- Small to medium sized zucchini will have more of a sweet and delicate flavor.
Zucchini Corn and Feta Crustless Quiche
- 1 large skillet
- 1 baking dish or deep pie dish
- 2 zucchini, thinly sliced medium sized
- 1 ear fresh corn, kernels removed
- 3-4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 3 eggs large
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 2 tbsp fresh dill, chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/3 cup cornmeal + 2 tbsp for the baking dish
- pinch of red pepper flakes, optional
- 1 tbsp butter or oil to grease the pan
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Butter a baking dish. Sprinkle the 2 tbsp of cornmeal into the baking dish making sure the bottom and sides are coated. Shake out the excess.
- Heat a large deep skillet over medium heat with the olive oil. Add the onions and garlic and allow them to cook until the onions are translucent.
- Add the corn and zucchini and season with salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes if using. Let them cook until soft and tender, 5-10 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and set aside.
- Add the eggs, yogurt, cornmeal, and heavy cream to a bowl and whisk together.
- Stir in the fresh herbs and feta. Check for seasoning.
- Spread the zucchini and corn mixture into the bottom of the prepared baking dish. Pour the egg and cheese mixture over the top.
- Allow the quiche to bake for 40-45 minutes until golden brown, puffed, and the eggs are set.
- Serve with a simple lettuce salad.